Helping You Craft And Complete Your Legacy.
Clear Direction . Thoughtful Advice . Practical Solutions . Customized Counsel
Ashley is experienced in working with the legal problems of aging individuals and those with special needs. She counsels seniors, individuals with special needs, and their families on issues pertaining to estate planning, special needs planning, asset preservation, eligibility for means-tested government benefits (Medicaid, Social Security Claims, etc.), fiduciary appointments and representation, (guardians, trustees, trust protectors, etc.), and advocacy.
Ashley is recognized throughout the state for her work in Medicaid crisis planning. A key aspect of her practice is assisting clients with filing and navigating Medicaid applications with the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
Formerly with The Raymon B. Harvey Law Firm, Ashley is a highly respected voice in the field of special needs planning, and her services are frequently sought by clients and attorneys throughout Arkansas. With her knowledgeable guidance, attorneys can rest assured that their clients’ needs and the strict requirements of Social Security and Medicaid will be met.
Ashley is also a trusted advisor to financial institutions, corporate fiduciaries, and other attorneys with judicial and administrative accountings and counseling regarding initial or continued means-tested government benefits eligibility for their trust beneficiaries or clients.
Ashley is also a sought-after speaker and has presented on numerous occasions on the topics of elder and disability law, estate planning, special needs trusts, and public benefits. She is a Veterans Administration (“VA”) Accredited Attorney and her writings on pet trusts have been published by Outskirts Press.
Ashley was born and raised in the Arkansas Delta in Pine Bluff and spends her free time serving her community and visiting the World’s Wonders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arkansas Bar Association –Elder Law Section, Secretary – 2022-2023; Chair 2016-2017
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson Comprehensive Care System, Inc. – Board Member
- Junior League of Little Rock
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- National Bar Association – W. Harold Flowers Law Society
- National Care Planning Council
- Stepps2Inspire, Inc. – Board Member
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate & Business Planning
- Heirs Property & Quiet Title
- Long Term Care/Medicaid Planning
- Special Needs Trust
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Elder Law by Super Lawyers, 2018-2021
- Elder Law Top Attorney, Arkansas Life Magazine
- Legal Elite, Arkansas Money & Politics Magazine, 2022
- United States District Court, District of Arkansas
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Wm. H. Bowen School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Delaware State University
- Bachelor of Science